Electrical Inspection and Test Report
Before an Electrical Certificate of Compliance may be issued the following must be done:
1. An Electrical Test, done visually and with Test Instrument must be done.
2. A full report (if any) must be issued, with what was found not to be compliant and a quotation supplied.
The above service costs R950 plus Vat
The issuing of the Certificate of Compliance is R 550.00 plus Vat
For further information contact Rob on : 071 533 64 66 / email@example.com
All new, altered, and temporary electrical installations must have a Certificate of Compliance which includes a Test Report.
All work undertaken and the Test Report must conform to SANS-10142.
SANS 10142-1 is also known as the Wiring Code.
SANS 10142-1 covers the following:
Circuits supplied at nominal voltages up to and including 1000Vac
What does the Electrical Certificate of Compliance cover?
The Electrical Certificate of Compliance covers: (some examples)
- The Main Distribution Board and any Sub-Distribution Boards
- Socket outlets (Plugs) and light switches
- Wiring – is it in a safe condition and compatible with the circuit breakers in the distribution board
Circuit Breakers protect the conductors, is this the case.
- Isolators – have isolators been installed for fixed appliances such as stoves, hot water cylinders (HWC’s), gate and door motors, fans etc.
- Earthing – all metal parts of the installation need to be earthed.
- Bonding – HWC pipes, TV antennae and satellite dishes etc.
- Bathrooms have many regulations
- Swimming Pools, Ponds
- Underfloor Heating
- Garden Lights
- Voltages, insulation readings, earth loop impedance testing